Is this serious or are you criticizing me? I'm all sensitive now . . . I put this up because Carlin is right. Here in the US, we put our children on pedestals, rather than treat them as they are, little people who need all sorts of rules, regulations, and instructions, as well as protections, from the world. Carlin's anger is my own at the constant barrage of children worship in the US. It's rude, yes, but sometimes you have to be rude to make your point. I hope I didn't offend, Cristina . . .
geoffrey criticizing you? god! this is very serious, and it's hilarious and we might learn something about us, as parents.
parents have to stop verprotecting the kids, and let them venture on in the world! they shouldn't instill fear in them! no wonder they end up fucked up! we call it learning, weak kids grow up to be weak adults...
Sabes o que te digo, Cristina? Hilariante. E dá que pensar!
Anónimo disse…
Este video tem tanto de hilariante como de sério. Foram poucas as coisas que ouvi que não tenha concordado. É uma visão transversal muito, muito boa. Eu arriscaria a dizer que é uma verdade inconveniente. Muito bom, muito bom mesmo..e ainda por cima ri às gargalhadas
Sorry for being so sensitive. Yeah, I like the end. "Let your kids daydream for three hours a day. Leave them the fuck alone." We don't have TV in our house, and my kids read and play outside and have active imaginations. And we do NOT structure their days. I think that comes out of a combination of too much money and too much fear. I trust my kids to be kids, and I know they have a whole lot more strength than even I give them credit for. Thanks for the good word. Beijos and well wishes for the rest of your week.
concordo em absoluto, aliás, já uma vez aaqui falei do assunto :)) mas é sempre bom lembrar que endeusar as crianças, proteje-las de tudo e todos nunca dá bons resultados. eu vejo miudos adolescentes não não fazem coisa alguma sozinhos...claro que quando se apanham em liberdade anos mais tarde, só fazem merda...aquela que não fizeram em pequenos..
Comentários
abração!
-------------------.
I put this up because Carlin is right. Here in the US, we put our children on pedestals, rather than treat them as they are, little people who need all sorts of rules, regulations, and instructions, as well as protections, from the world. Carlin's anger is my own at the constant barrage of children worship in the US. It's rude, yes, but sometimes you have to be rude to make your point. I hope I didn't offend, Cristina . . .
criticizing you? god!
this is very serious, and it's hilarious and we might learn something about us, as parents.
parents have to stop verprotecting the kids, and let them venture on in the world! they shouldn't instill fear in them! no wonder they end up fucked up! we call it learning, weak kids grow up to be weak adults...
thanks for the video.
kisses.
vamos a isso...
:) bem vindo
Hilariante. E dá que pensar!
Foram poucas as coisas que ouvi que não tenha concordado. É uma visão transversal muito, muito boa. Eu arriscaria a dizer que é uma verdade inconveniente.
Muito bom, muito bom mesmo..e ainda por cima ri às gargalhadas
I think that comes out of a combination of too much money and too much fear. I trust my kids to be kids, and I know they have a whole lot more strength than even I give them credit for.
Thanks for the good word. Beijos and well wishes for the rest of your week.
politicamente incorrecto e muuuuuito pertinente e oportuno e actual e....
(descontam-se os exagerados 'obrigatórios' para obter boas 'punch-lines'. fazem parte da stand-up comedy)
obg a si e ao geoffrey!
(e sabe tão bem ouvir alguém dizer que aquilo que mal temos coragem de pensar, quanto mais de proferir!!)
é a prova de que brincar é uma coisa séria...
concordo em absoluto, aliás, já uma vez aaqui falei do assunto :))
mas é sempre bom lembrar que endeusar as crianças, proteje-las de tudo e todos nunca dá bons resultados.
eu vejo miudos adolescentes não não fazem coisa alguma sozinhos...claro que quando se apanham em liberdade anos mais tarde, só fazem merda...aquela que não fizeram em pequenos..
beijinhos